There are definitely harmful foods and beverages that you want to keep away from your dog that are not harmful to you.
This list includes:
- Avocados – it is the persin in avocados that can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
- Any bones from fish or meat – they can cause cuts in the digestive system.
- Cat food – this is not made for them and is often too high in fats and proteins.
- High caffeine items such as chocolate, coffee, tea, red bull – high caffeine, theobromine or theophylline can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
- Citrus oil extracts – can cause vomiting.
- Grapes, raisins and currants – can damage the kidneys.
- Macadamia nuts – can negatively affect the digestive system and nervous system.
- Tobacco – can cause rapid heart beat, coma, collapse, and death.
Your St. Pete pet sitting care provider is certified by the Red Cross in Pet CPR and First Aid and will be able to supply you with any additional information about harmful foods and liquids for your dog or other pets. Your pet sitter is also a member of numerous pet sitting organizations which means you also have access to tons of valuable information just by working with Regal Pet Services LLC.
Just ask your pet sitting provider when you call to set up your FREE initial meeting if you have any other questions you would like your pet sitter to bring to that meeting…